The following doesn't seem to be working as I would expect... I sort of suspect that this may not be a struts issue, but I really thought you were supposed to be able to drop in jsp expressions anywhere.

is giving me this html output:

should fail as this.should.fail cannot exist, but it is getting reproduced textually instead. I have this really bad feeling I am forgetting something, or have missed something basic, but cant figure out what searches would bring up the answer.

-Gus