On Dec 3, 2003, at 21:05, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Rick,

You still having this problem?... can I see the tag markup that's causing the
problems?...

I still am. I sent you the markup directly under separate cover.

If the root tag is picking up the name of a valid bean, and the iterate tag
has it's property attribute properly set, then I assure you that you don't
need the name attribute in the write tag.

I'm hoping that there's more to the iterate tag than just the Id. to get
"foo[i].bar" you'd need...

<nested:root name="someBean">
  <nested:iterate property="foo">
    <nested:write property="bar />
  </nested:write>
</nested:root>

I haven't really used the id attribute in struts apps since I built the
original tags a couple of years ago. So I'm no absolute authority on whether
or not the base tags are managing it correctly or what... :P

Arron.

PS: Love the "nested tags always break" subject, too.

Heh. Not sure if you really love that or not ;-). What I meant to say is "I have a reproducible case", and "it happens on a regular basis (as I create new JSP code that uses the nested tags, sometimes they work and sometimes they don't)".

--
Rick