> Is anyone working with Struts on Tomcat 4.1.29?
> If yes, can you provide me some inputs on the installation.
> I'm getting org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Cannot find message
> resources under key org.apache.struts.action.MESSAGE, when executing
> <bean:message key="index.title"/> in the jsp.

I'm using Tomcat 4.1.29 and a recent nightly build of Struts.  This is a
common problem and usually happens when Struts can't find your
ApplicationResources [or whatever you named it] file.

>  <message-resources
>  parameter="ApplicationResources"
>  key="org.apache.struts.action.MESSAGE" null="false" />

Where is your ApplicationResources file located?  (Should be in
WEB-INF/classes, named exactly ApplicationResources.properties, with
this setup.)

I don't have 'key' specified in my <message-resources> tag.  Did you put
that in for a reason?

I have:  <message-resources parameter="ApplicationResources"
null="false" />

I note that struts-example does use 'key', but in this fashion:

  <message-resources
parameter="org.apache.struts.webapp.example.ApplicationResources" />
  <message-resources
parameter="org.apache.struts.webapp.example.AlternateApplicationResource
s" key="alternate" />

--
Wendy Smoak
Application Systems Analyst, Sr.