-----Mensagem original-----
De: Guido García Bernardo [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Enviada em: sexta-feira, 5 de dezembro de 2003 08:42
Para: Struts Users Mailing List
Assunto: Re: RES: Subclassing ActionServlet

This way you can't extend other 'struts core actions' (Dispatch,
Lookup...).

I think a better way may be:
- Using a filter (servlet 2.3) in order to pre and post process the
request
- Extending RequestDispatcher

Regards,
Guido.

PD. I am not sure, but i think you can find a discussion about that in
Struts in Action.

Felipe Nascimento wrote:

>A simple way that I use do go:
>
>Super Action class, like:
>UserMustBeLoggedAction{
>    execute(attribs){
>        verify session stuff....
>        if ok -> myExecute(attribs);
>        else return ActionForward;
>    }
>
>    abstract myExecute(attribs);
>}
>
>NewAction extends UserMustBeLoggedAction{
>    myExecute(){
>    }
>}
>
>What do experts recommend??
>
>Regards
>Felipe

super(request,
>response)
>       upon verification that authenticated user is in the Session.
>
>       if (request.getRequestURI().endsWith("welcome.do") |
>       request.getRequestURI().endsWith("logon.do") |
>       request.getRequestURI().endsWith("html"))
>                       {
>                               super.process(request, response);
>                       }
>

>       else if (request.getSession().getAttribute("USER") == null)
>                       {
>                               //Forward to login page
>                               response.sendRedirect("/welcome.do");
>                       }
>
>        I also know about the ability to subclass the RequestProcessor
and
>       providing my own implementation of the processPreprocess method
>       accomplish the same thing.
>
>       Does anybody know of any serious disadvantages or side effects
of
>       subclassing the ActionServlet class rather than the
>RequestProcessor class.
>

>---
>Incoming mail is certified Virus Free.
>
>---

Guido García Bernardo - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Tfn. +34 983 54 89 08
IT DEUSTO <http://www.itdeusto.com>

---