  From: Nick Faiz
  Sent: Wednesday, December 03, 2003 1:12 PM
  Subject: RE: Is it required to restart weblogic everytime after compiling ?? ? Need
help Desperately .. :-(

  Shakti,

          Ok. Find, in attachment, a log of my starting WebLogic 7.2 up with a
cepts.war file present within my applications directory. A servlet called
ProjectStartUp runs and queries a database, following the directions of my web.xml:

          <servlet>

          <servlet-name>projectStartUp</servlet-name>

              <servlet-class>au.com.ce.cepts.project.ProjectStartUp</servlet-class>

          <load-on-startup>3</load-on-startup>

          </servlet>

  Glance at the log, look for bold, and see the statement:

  <au.com.ce.cepts.project.ProjectStartUp:57>: <done...: 9

          Then, I go to my source, find the log statement at line 57 of the
ProjectStartUp servlet and change it from:

  logger.debug("done...: " + ProjectFacade.getCache().size() + " \n\n\n\n");

                  to:

  logger.debug("it's possible Shakti: : " + ProjectFacade.getCache().size() + " \n");

          Then I recompile and drop my new cepts.war into the applications directory.
WebLogic, which is checking the app. dir each 3 seconds for a new deployment, notices
this and takes the new binary and redeploys it instead of the old:

  <03/12/2003 18:35:456> <DEBUG> <ExecuteThread: '11' for queue: 'default'>
<au.com.ce.cepts.project.P

  rojectStartUp:57>: <it's possible Shakti: : 9

  <3/12/2003 18:35:37> <Info> <Deployer> <149033> <activated application
_appsdir_cepts_war on devServ

  er>

  <3/12/2003 18:35:37> <Info> <Deployer> <149074> <Successfully completed deployment
task: Activate ap

  plication _appsdir_cepts_war on devServer>

  <3/12/2003 18:35:38> <Notice> <Application Poller> <149404> <Activate application
_appsdir_cepts_war

   on devServer - Completed>

          The above can is because I set the server in dev. mode.

          What problems are you having? Are you not seeing a new activation take place
when you drop the new .war in?

  Nick

  P.S. Ignore the error relating to the Action servlet. It doesn't like being included
in a .war, under my test configuration, and I've not had time to work out why yet.
<<shakti_log.doc>>