Hi all,

I am a new struts user utilizing it for my uni project. I have reached a point that I
do not know how to handle "the struts way" and am really stuck! I spent a lot time on
this and I would be grateful for any further info!

 I am dynamically producing some search results. I will be turning them into links and
I want to pass a parameter.

Is it possible that a user clicking on a link can trigger an action? eg having
something like <a href="DisplayItem.do?ItemId=223">

Using JSPs would be easy to do invoking the appropriate method directly the above way.

Using servlets I could just do String itemId=request.getParameter("Itemid").
Since an ActionClass is a servlet could I achieve the same using the Form as a
transfer object for the ID property?

If this cannot be done using the struts sequence (Form-Action) then maybe it will be
easier forwarding to a JSP? Doing that though will require me using a scriptlet to
retrieve the object of interest :( Any better way? (because my Items are nested I am
trying to do it through an Action)

In a nutshell: 1) I display a collection
                   2) I want to somehow select the item that the user clicked, for
detailed description

Any help will be really appreciated!
Thank you for your time,
Theo