From: Caroline Jen [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, December 08, 2003 2:56 PM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: RE: Please Help! Unable to Pass A Hidden Field To scaffold.Proces
sAction

I pass two hidden fields: username and keyName at the
same time.  The keyName is passed and with the correct
value in it.  The username is passed but its value
turns out to be a null.

It is impossible for request.getRemoteUser(); in my
JSP returning a null.  (see code below) Before it
reaches request.getRemoteUser(); the user has already
been successfully logged in with a valid name.

<req:isUserInRole role="editor">
<TR>
<TD class="option">
<% String username = request.getRemoteUser();%>
value="journal_category"/>
value="<%=username%>"/>
</TD>
</TR>
</req:isUserInRole>
--- "Yee, Richard K,,DMDCWEST"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Caroline,
> Are you having problems with the username or the
> keyName hidden variable? If
> it is the username, then I'd suspect that
> request.getRemoteUser() in your
> JSP is returning null.
>
> Regards,
>
> Richard

parameter="org.apache.artimus.article.FindEditorData"

=== message truncated ===