Hi,
I'm using struts 1.02 and the commons DBCP to connect my Oracle 8i database and i have some problems because sometimes my tomcat 3 fall down without any reasons and we have to restart it.

I wonder to know how work the connection with commons DBCP, more specialy what happen wen i do a getConnection at my BasicDataSource ?

My second question is : do i have to close the connection when may request is finished ? Does this really close the connection or just free the object i used, but save the oracle connection open ?

thank for your responses,

Marc

--
Marc AMIR-TAHMASSEB