Hi Eric,

On Sat, 2003-12-13 at 16:16, Eric SCHULTZ wrote:
> As I understand struts.jar needs to remain in the WEB-INF/lib directory; I
> assume struts-legacy.jar should stay there too.  But can all my commons jars
> go in the common/lib directory?  Should those not already in common/lib go
> in shared/lib?
>
> I realise some people advocate putting everything the app needs in its
> WEB-INF/lib directory; and I agree with that if I have version dependancies,
> but I don't.  And I already have to put my JDBC drivers in common/lib to use
> Tomcat's JNDI datasources so I've already started down that path.

I'm not sure what the real answer is, but the fact that you're using
JNDI apparently reduces your choices a bit.  The JNDI-DataSources-Howto
explicitly says to put all your commons connection pooling stuff in
common/lib and not WEB-INF/lib.  Where that leaves some of the other
apparently common (and commons-) things isn't clear to me.

HTH,
Oliver