> From: Ed Dowgiallo [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> I am doing a lot of struts development and would like to
> place the struts jar files in the $TOMCAT_HOME/shared/lib
> directory instead of WEB-INF/lib for each individual war file.

Don't do that.  Really... Disk space is cheap, and deployment is SO much
easier when each webapp is a self-contained entity.

Besides, it's not supported.  Scroll down to section 5.5 on this page:
http://jakarta.apache.org/struts/userGuide/configuration.html
And read the stuff in the bright blue box.

--
Wendy Smoak
Application Systems Analyst, Sr.