"Travis D. Falls" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I have very little knowledge of struts.  I want to learn it.  I have
> got the book by o'reilly programming Jakarta struts.  I don't really
> like it.  Does anyone know of a good tutorial that will go over an
> application.  Start with nothing end up with a pretty good sample?

I like the "Professional Struts" book from Wrox.  It seems like it has
some pretty clear examples in there about how to get started with
Struts.  And on top of that, you can download the example source code
for the book from their web site, which is also helpful.

I also have the Struts book, but it does seem pretty difficult to learn
from the first time through.  Now that I know a little more about
Struts, I am able to decipher some of the stuff in there, but there is
still a lot more to learn.

I also found it useful to experiment with Struts in the Eclipse IDE
(which is superior to Netbeans, IMHO), and also refer to this page to
get started with Eclipse:

http://jakarta.apache.org/struts/faqs/eclipse.html

It seems that Eclipse points out problem areas to you before you even
compile, which is pretty useful.

Finally, working with the Struts example application is helpful, and
also referring to the other example applications that are on the Struts
web site.

Those things have been most helpful to me most recently in my learning
of Struts.  Hope this helps!

Andy