Gus Heck wrote:
Interesting, I'm not sure I agree, but the patch that he complains about not being added sounds useful...

A lot of people have requested a history stack, and have also implemented it in their own applications. But I think we need to solve it in the larger context of a general solution to workflow issues.

Meanwhile, the post the author cited does *not* prove this point. In fact, it proves just the opposite.

The developer said that he *was able* to extend the framework and was simply offering the extension to the community. This is the same way the Validator and Tiles started.

The author was offering it as an example of Struts being inflexible when in fact is an example of Struts being flexible enough that people can extend it without our help :)

-Ted.