Thoughts:
1) Assuming that you have a separate value object to carry this
item to the view, try replacing any "\n" with "<br>" in the action.
2) Have you also considered using the <pre> HTML tag?

From: David Erickson [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, December 17, 2003 5:05 PM
To: Struts Mailing List
Subject: Best way to parse a String and replace line feeds with <br> for
html?

Situation:
using the html:textarea element tag to enter notes on an object, thats
getting persisted as a blob in our database.  I would like to be able to
output this to html with the same formatting.. ie the line feeds work. Whats
the best way to do this?  I tried the jstl:core c:out tag and it didnt work
(did not goto the next line), tried the struts bean:write tag same problem.
Is there another struts tag library I can use? Thanks, David