David Friedman wrote:
Thomas,

(Probably a) Dumb question ....

From the "${area.name}" it looks like you're using Velocity Templates.  I
thought Velocity couldn't mix with JSP's like that (My impression from ch 17
of 'Struts in Action'.  How are you mixing the two?  (Or is there a Velocity
update which allows it?)

I should have noted that I am using tomcat 5.0 also. I am not using Velocity, but merely JSP EL. So no mixing. In debugging, the EL is returning the right thing. Struts is stripping the last .something assuming it is an extension.

  I guess barring any other comment I will just add a bogus extension to
make sure I have no more conflicts.

-Tom