Try commenting out the <controller> element in your struts-config.xml. I had problems with this and that did the trick for me.

Lemme know if that works for you!

Ebersole, Steven wrote:

hey all, i'm running into an issue I just cannot seem to figure out.  It
deals with trying to define an action local forward whose path is a tile.  I
searched the mailing list and found all sorts of questions and comments on
this, but none of the solutions helped with my problem.

I am using struts version 1.1.0.  In web.xml I have defined the servlet
section using the standard org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet class:

   <servlet>
       <servlet-name>contoller</servlet-name>

       <init-param>
           <param-name>config</param-name>
       </init-param>
       <init-param>
           <param-name>convertNull</param-name>
           <param-value>true</param-value>
       </init-param>
       <init-param>
           <param-name>validating</param-name>
           <param-value>true</param-value>
       </init-param>
       <load-on-startup>2</load-on-startup>
   </servlet>

In struts config, I have both defined the tiles plugin:

   <plug-in className="org.apache.struts.tiles.TilesPlugin">
       <set-property property="definitions-config"
value="/WEB-INF/tiles-defs.xml" />
       <set-property property="moduleAware" value="true" />
       <set-property property="definitions-parser-validate" value="true" />
   </plug-in>

as well as the tiles request processor (supposedly optional, i know, but just to be sure):

   <controller
processorClass="org.apache.struts.tiles.TilesRequestProcessor" />

However, with this setup, if i try to setup a forward to a tile i keep getting invalid path errors:

       <action path="/home" type="ui.action.HomeAction" scope="request"
name="homeForm">
           <forward name="revenue" path=".home.reveune" />

I have verified about a hundred times that ".home.revenue" really is a valid
tile name within my tile def:

   <definition name=".home.revenue" extends=".layout.home">
   </definition>

Can anybody please point out where I am going wrong?  Thanks a bunch in
advance...

Steve

-- Brice D. Ruth Sr. IT Analyst Fiskars Brands, Inc.