Hi Ajay

I am doing something similar... I have a Tree class and a Node class to
represent either branches or "leaves" of the tree.
The Tree class has a field called treeRoot that represents the root Node.
I ha ve an action that creates the tree and puts it on the request
then in the JSP I have something like:

        <%-- Loop through the array list of trees to display each root node.
           Note that 'myTree' was placed on the request by an Action --%>
        <logic:present name="myTree">
                <nested:root name="currentTree">
                        <nested:nest property="treeRoot">
                                        <jsp:include page="treenode.jsp" />
                        </nested:nest>
                </nested:root>
        </logic:present>

Actually my jsp is slightly different because I can have multiple root
nodes and I also iterate through each root node to display each tree. I
have chopped those bits out to make the code more readable.

So it seems that you are trying to reference a field "functions" that
isn't declared in your tree class.

Hope that helps.

Heya Gosper
CSC Australia
212 Northbourne Ave, Braddon ACT 2612
Ph: +61 (0) 2 6246 8155  Fax: +61 (0) 2 62468100
MOB: 0401 611779
written agreement or government initiative expressly permitting the use of
e-mail for such purpose.