Marcus
<doc>

Registering a New Third-Party JDBC Driver

If you plan to use a third-party JDBC driver, register it with JDeveloper so
that it will be available when you define the connection.

To register a new third-party JDBC driver:
>From the main menu, choose Tools | P references.
In the Preferences dialog, select Database Connections.
On the Database Connections page, the Registered JDBC Drivers list displays
the third-party JDBC drivers currently registered with JDeveloper.
 To add a new entry to the list, click New.
A new, entry appears in the list and in the Driver Class field, with a
default driver class name.
In the Driver Class field, alter the new entry to reflect its fully
qualified class name.
Make sure that the correct entry is still selected in the Registered JDBC
Drivers list.

>From the Library dropdown list, select a library to associate the driver
with.
To define a new library, click New.
Be sure to include this library in any project that uses the third-party
driver.
Click OK.

The driver will now appear in the list of available third-party JDBC drivers
both in this dialog (once you return to it) and in the Create Connection
wizard

</doc>
*Yes as long as the driver is a JDBC Driver which can be/is registered to
JDeveloper then you can implement that connection from JDeveloper*

Saludos,
-Martin