Sent: Tuesday, December 23, 2003 12:10 PM
Subject: Re: Struts HTML tag rewriting url wrong

Any reason why you can't setup Tomcat to listen on port 80, instead of
forwarding the requests? That's how my dev/test env is setup, and it
seems to do the trick :)

David Erickson wrote:

Hi all, I'm using the html struts tags to do some url writing for me,

with

forms etc. I have tomcat setup to listen on port 8080, but its proxyPort
attribute is set as 80, and i have forwarding on the machine so requests
come in on 80 get routed to 8080. Then whenever you call
request.getServerPort() it reports 80 so the requests stay correct.

However

I have just noticed that the struts tags are writing in :8080 as the

server

port!  Any idea what method they are calling to get that as the port?  Or
how I can correct this?  I took a look at the tag source but didn't see
much..

Thanks in advance,
David

Brice D. Ruth
Sr. IT Analyst
Fiskars Brands, Inc.

-- Brice D. Ruth Sr. IT Analyst Fiskars Brands, Inc.