My JSP provides several text fields for visitors to
fill out.  And my form bean stores those information;
for example:

    public String getThreadTopic() {
        return threadTopic;
    }
    public void setThreadTopic(String threadTopic) {
        this.threadTopic = threadTopic;
    }

    public String getThreadBody() {
        return threadBody;
    }
    public void setThreadBody(String threadBody) {
        this.threadBody = threadBody;
    }

However, I have to supply a number of additional
properties for the business tier to process.  For
example, the property threadType is to be assigned to
zero manually and the property parentPostID is to be
found from another class, how do I code them in the
form bean?  Do I use get methods shown below (without
set methods)?

public int getThreadType() {
   return 0;
}

public int getParentPostID() {
   return ParamUtil.getParameterInt( request, "parent"
);
}