I am stuck and need your knowledge and experience.

When the button is my JSP is clicked, there are two
action forms involved, threadForm and postForm.

The threadForm is populated by hidden fields and text
fields that are passed from the JSP.  All the
properties of the threadForm are to be inserted into a
table in the database by the threadInsert() method and
this method returns a primitive int threadID.

The properties in the postForm are also populated by
hidden fields and text fields that are passed from the
same JSP, except that the postForm has one additional
properties - threadID, which is obtained from the
insertion of the threadForm into the database.
Thereafter, all the properties of the postForm are to
be inserted into another table in the database by the
postInsert() method.

How do I handle this situation?  Please help.