From: Kris Schneider [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Saturday, December 27, 2003 10:13 AM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: Re: <bean:write> not writing?

I'm pretty sure this boils down to the way PropertyUtils works.
<bean:write> will use PropertyUtils.getProperty(bean, property) to
retrieve the "subTotal" property from the bean "cart". PropertyUtils
will test whether or not "cart" is a Map (which it is) and then call
Map.get to retrieve the property value. Since you've defined "subTotal"
as a standard JavaBean property, <bean:write> (or really PropertyUtils)
won't be able to find it.

D.O.Tech       <http://www.dotech.com/>