OK, nevermind ... I just needed to change DynaValidatorActionForm to DynaValidatorForm ... now it works.

Brice Ruth wrote:

OK, I have to admit, I'm a bit confused using Validator, despite looking at the online docs & having Ted's excellent book at hand.

I have everything setup to do server-side validation, as far as I can tell ... I've set a breakpoint in DynaValidatorActionForm.validate and it is getting called ... to test if the validation is working, I've disabled the JavaScript validation by removing the onsubmit call for my <html:form> element ... fine, now I can submit non-valid data. However, I keep getting to my Action, instead of being shunted back to the input page. My input page is defined as a tile definition, here's what my struts-config.xml looks like (for that section):

<action
   path="/US/garden/resources/orangeThumbApply"
   type="com.fiskars.struts.actions.OrangeThumbSaveData"
   name="orangeThumbApp"
   scope="request"
   validate="true"
   input="garden.orangeThumbForm">
   <forward
       name="success"
       path="garden.orangeThumbThankyou"/>
</action>

Does anyone see anything wrong here? To test the validation, I've left out a required field and I've entered a text string for a numeric (short) value.

My JavaScript validation seems to be working like a champ, but the server-side stuff seems MIA, even though its being called.

TIA

-- Brice D. Ruth Sr. IT Analyst Fiskars Brands, Inc.