Maybe the problem isn't web.xml.

  A two months ago, I had to configure a Struts application on a JRun Server
and I had some problems to make it work correctly.

  If your using Tomcat then some of the libs will be in its proper location
/WEB-INF/lib (commons-*, struts-*, and some other) but on Jrun I had to
place

    log4j.properties
    commons-beanutils*
    commons-collections*
    commons-digester*
    commons-validator*
    commons-upload*
    struts*
    log4j*

on the ${JRUN_HOME}/servers/lib.

  In your case, maybe this isn't possible.

  For what I unserstood this is a JRun issue... something about loading
classes priority (servers lib, then website lib... ?! and not implementing a
Sun's specification... In conclusion, something that Tomcat does right and
JRun doesn't).

  You can try using Jrun locally also to check this... You can download the
software from Macromedia (the license is free for development anyway) and
check what's happening.

Pedro Salgado