On Wed, 7 Jan 2004, Manfred Wolff wrote:

> Heather.
>
> I user dbcp since one year in a productive system with mysql and have no
> problems yet. The best documentation in my mind is the original from
> tomcat. There are all parameters explained:
>
> http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.1-doc/jndi-datasource-examples-howto.html

Thanks very much for pointing me here. This is a good explanation of where
the dbcp configuration goes. I had been looking at this page

http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/dbcp/configuration.html

which gave me the configuration parameters, but didn't explain where to
put them. They should provide a link from the dbcp page to that tomcat
page!

> By the way: This pool It offers an garbage collector for open
> ResultSets, Statement's and Connections.
>
> <parameter>
>   <name>removeAbandoned</name>
>   <value>true</value>
> </parameter>
>
> <parameter>
>    <name>removeAbandonedTimeout</name>
>    <value>60</value>
> </parameter>...
>
> But it is a better way to close such resources via the finally block ;-)

Yes, I am definitely aware of that now. And thanks so much for pointing it
out.

Best,

Heather