Hi,

I am new to struts and am trying to use the data-source element within my struts-config.xml.

When I execute the web app I get the following error:

503 Initializing application data source org.apache.struts.action.DATA_SOURCE

I have placed the commons-dbcp-1.1.jar file in my lib path. My platform is Jrun4 and a SQL2000 database.

Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions as to why I am getting this error?

My struts-config.xml is as follows:

<!DOCTYPE struts-config PUBLIC
"-//Apache Software Foundation//DTD Struts Configuration 1.0//EN" "http://jakarta.apache.org/struts/dtds/struts-config_1_0.dtd";>
<struts-config>
<data-sources>
<data-source
type="org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource">
<set-property property="driverClassName"
value="sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver"/>
<set-property property="url"
value="jdbc:odbc:xxxxx"/>
<set-property property="username"
value="xxxxx"/>
<set-property property="password"
value="xxxxxxxxx"/>
</data-source>
</data-sources>
<form-beans>
<form-bean name="loginForm" type="LoginForm"/>
</form-beans>

Thanks for any help.

Frank Kingery
Applications Programmer III