From: Mohan Radhakrishnan [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, January 16, 2004 8:34 AM
To: 'Struts Users Mailing List'
Subject: Disable validator framework

Hi

    We are using dispatch action and validator framework. There is a popup
action associated
with one button on the form. When the user clicks on this a particular
method in the action is called but I don't want to validate the ActionForm
because the main form is not submitted. There are other buttons that submit
the form and I need a selective validator framework.

   I know that it is possible if I were to write my own validate() method by
checking a particular value in the form.

   Can I disable the validator similarly ? If this is not possible then I
have to abandon the validator.

    Appreciate ideas.
Mohan

http://www.nod32.com