Does anybody have any ideas on this? Even wild, stupid, ridiculous ideas. Anything?

On 01/19/2004 07:02 PM Adam Hardy wrote:
Actually I just did get access to a third server and did a complete fresh install of java & tomcat and my app.war, and the ghost German strings came up.

So the German strings must be in the war file. But there is only the one ApplicationResources.properties file there in the war file! I just checked.

Again, deleting or adding the German locale to the browser settings makes the strings change, so it is definitely the resource bundles.

On 01/19/2004 06:17 PM Adam Hardy wrote:

Yes, unfortunately it does. On my dev machine and my future production server. But I had them both running earlier with the German .properties, so it would be the same problem. I don't have a third server to test it on.

On 01/19/2004 05:54 PM Tim Kettering wrote:

Does the same thing happen when you build/run the webapp on a different
computer? Not sure what to tell you here, but that should at least
narrow the scope to something in the source or some ghost file on your
dev machine.

-tim

-----Original Message-----
From: Adam Hardy [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Sent: Monday, January 19, 2004 11:35 AM
Subject: deleted ApplicationResources_de.properties ghost

I'm having a nightmare with the ApplicationResources_de.properties resource bundle in my webapp. I asked a colleague to look at it and he's

baffled too.

I had my resource bundle in an English and also a German .properties file, for testing purposes, but then decided to ditch the German version

until it's completely finished.

Even though I deleted the German xxx_de.properties file, shutdown tomcat, deleted the whole webapp and redeployed and deleted the cache in

$CATALINA_HOME/work/.... , the German strings are still being cached somewhere.

I have run a grep on a German string to find it in any file in the whole

of the tomcat, and the whole of my dev-env, but haven't found it.

In the HTTP headers, I have set pragma=no-cache, cache-control=no-cache & expires=Thu, 01 Jan 1970 00:00:00 GMT

I have cleared the cache from my browser and done refreshes a thousand times. This is now about a month afterwards and the ghost German text is

still coming up.

If I set the browser locale to en, then I get the correct English version, but if I then set it back to de, somehow, somewhere it is finding the deleted German resource bundle.

Any advice much appreciated. :(

Adam

--
struts 1.1 + tomcat 5.0.16 + java 1.4.2