Hey there.

I upgraded my app to use Struts 1.1 validation.  This includes extending
ValidationForm and using validation.xml for field validations.  The problem
I'm running into is that when the register form page is loaded for the first
time, the "Validation Errors" section is being displayed.  For some reason
messagesPresent is true, which means that the request contains either a
ActionMessage or ActionErrors object.  This works fine if my app renders
directly to JSPs, but my app is built so that all requests are handled by
LookupDispatchActions.  So, if a JSP containing field validations is
rendered from an Action, then the request's contents will trigger
messagesPresent be true thus displaying the "Validation Errors" section
inappropriately.

How can I resolve this?  Thanks.

- Chris