Paul Daniell wrote:

From: "Kris Schneider" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

I suppose this could be a classloader issue. Are all your Struts, Torque,

and

JSTL JAR files colocated?

Yes. I am using Struts 1.1 rc1, Torque 3.0.2, and JSTL 1.0.

Quoting Paul Daniell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

I've encountered a strange problem with Struts when used with Torque. I
retrieve an object using the following:

ArrayList list = (ArrayList)ComponentPeer.doSelect(new Criteria());
request.setAttribute("components", list);
Component c = (Component)list.get(0);
request.setAttribute("comptest", c);
System.out.println(c.getName());

In the logs this will appropriately print the name of the object "c".
However, when I invoke the following JSP
<c:out value="${comptest.name}"/>

I get the following Exception:

HTTP ERROR: 500 An error occurred while evaluating custom action

attribute

"value" with value "${comptest.name}": An error occurred while getting
property "name" from an instance of class
org.ttemplating.internal.dataobjects.Component
(java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: object is not an instance of

declaring

class)

Any advice appreciated.
Paul