I have the following weird problem.

I start off with a web page, that has a hyperlink, not a submit button.
When the hyperlink is selected the page goes to Tomcat/Struts.
Two actions are executed and the page is forwarded to a jsp page and displayed.

  The second action executed, as stated above, sets a bean up in the session before it
is forwarded.  The problem is in the jsp if I declare the bean via 'session' scope it
sees the attribute and displays the value properly, but if I declare it as 'request'
scope it doesn't and just prints null.  Request scope should work here but it doesn't.