Hi Guys,

I have a web application written in Stuts and am writing a scheduler which
is a seperate action servlet which is configured in the web.xml file to
start at startup.
All of my other action classes are session based so they can get the
default datasource (From the struts-config.xml)  from the session using;
DataSource ds = getDataSource(request);
I also store this datasource in the session so that I can access it from
jsp's or pass it to other standalone servlets for background database
processing and this approach seems to work well. I can't use this approach
for the scheduler though as I can't guarantee that anyone will start a
session so I can pass the datasource.

My question is, how do I use the struts datasource in my scheduled
servlet?

Thanks for any help!

Regards, James