ArrayList productList = new ArrayList();

CProduct product = new CProduct();
product.setId(new Integer(1));
product.setName("My Product");

productList.add(product);

request.setAttribute("products",productList.toArray());

If you dont want to have a refering action then you can have an action that returns null rather than a forward. and do this in jstl

<c:import url="/product/list.do" />

Cheers Mark