You will need to change your getter method to getGroup_name()
Struts uses the name of the field when it looks for a getter or setter method. It will assume that the first letter of the field name is capitalised after the get (as per general JavaBean standards). getGroupName will not be recognized as the getter for your property group_name (although it would match a property called "groupName"

Cheers,
Heya Gosper
CSC Australia
212 Northbourne Ave, Braddon ACT 2612
Ph: +61 (0) 2 6246 8155  Fax: +61 (0) 2 62468100
MOB: 0401 611779
This is a PRIVATE message. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete without copying and kindly advise us by e-mail of the mistake in delivery. NOTE: Regardless of content, this e-mail shall not operate to bind CSC to any order or other contract unless pursuant to explicit written agreement or government initiative expressly permitting the use of e-mail for such purpose.

        cc:
        Subject:        error- no getter method for property of bean

Hi,

I'm experimenting a simple form, adding a group (3 fields) to a simple, one
group table database, following some examples from the Struts book by James
Turner. All classes built (with Torque and mysql) and deployed. I couldn't
bring up the form and kept getting the error below. I think something is
wrong w/ my struts setup. Attached are struts config, my jsp, and some
simple java files. Could someone help me on this ? I really appreciate it.

-Frank

Error: 500
Location: /infolink/users/edit_group.jsp
Internal Servlet Error:

javax.servlet.ServletException: No getter method for property group_name of
bean org.apache.struts.taglib.html.BEAN
                at
l.java:460)
                at users.edit_group_1._jspService(edit_group_1.java:550)
                at org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:119)
                at
org.apache.tomcat.facade.ServletHandler.doService(ServletHandler.java:574)
                at org.apache.tomcat.core.Handler.invoke(Handler.java:322)
                at org.apache.tomcat.facade.ServletHandler.service(ServletHandler.java:485)
                at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.internalService(ContextManager.java:91
7)
                at org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.service(ContextManager.java:833)
                at
org.apache.tomcat.modules.server.Http10Interceptor.processConnection(Http10I
nterceptor.java:176)
                at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:494)
                at
a:516)
                at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:536)
Root cause:
javax.servlet.jsp.JspException: No getter method for property group_name of
bean org.apache.struts.taglib.html.BEAN
                at org.apache.struts.util.RequestUtils.lookup(RequestUtils.java:742)
                at
org.apache.struts.taglib.html.BaseFieldTag.doStartTag(BaseFieldTag.java:193)
                at users.edit_group_1._jspService(edit_group_1.java:241)