I am working in a multi-server, multi-application
environment, so placing objects in the session isn't a
simple option.  I have to worry about the user getting
the same session and also that I don't use too much
memory.

When I said "build", I did mean that I am calling a
business object to get the list.

I guess my issue with doing this in the validate
method, is the validate method is meant for validation
logic and not for processing.  I guess it depends on
how you look at it.

Could you breifly mention some of the other
alternatives?

Thanks,
Pat Young