With Struts 1.1, we have support for both error messages and non-error
messages.  We use saveMessages() for non-error and saveErrors() for error
messages.  In our JSPs, we can use the <html:messages> tag to display them:

            <bean:write name="message"/><br>

            <bean:write name="error"/><br>

The <html:messages> tag gives <bean:write> access to the individual messages
(you can specify a property name for more specific messages).  To
differentiate error and non-error messages, you set the "message" attribute.
It defaults to false (IIRC), so <html:messages id="error"> ...

Hope that didn't get you even more confused.  =)

- Hubert