From: Arne Brutschy [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, 12 February 2004 21:32
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: Getting data from a disabled form field

Hi,

I have a problem with disabled form fields. I'm using a user entry form,
which fields can be edited by the current user based on his group
memberships. So a normal user without admin status cannot change the
uid, as this field is disabled.

My problem is, that after submitting the form, validation fails because
of the validator which cannot read the uids field context (I assume
because it's disabled). Trying to get the form data returns an empty string.

Anyone encountered this type of problem? Is there any way around it?

Regards,
Arne