From: Robert Nocera [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, February 12, 2004 2:36 PM
To: 'Struts Users Mailing List'
Subject: RE: [OT] - Request against Session

This is probably even more off topic, but I've seen this mentioned before.
>From what I can tell of their description of this "workflow" scope, it looks
like it may be helpful as far as ease of use goes, but it doesn't offer any
real technical benefit over the use of hidden form fields or sessions, in
fact, the underlying implementation has to be something passing parameters
of using the session, there just isn't any alternative in any compliant
application servers.

As far as the objects being cleared when the user leaves the workflow, how
is that any different the using the session correctly?  If the user goes on
to another page that is not part of your current "workflow" you can clear
those objects or you wait until the user's session times out -- those are
really the only two options.

-Rob