Hi All,

I have a problem regarding the DB connection. In my application i want to log the
session time for each session. For that I am using the Session Listner in web.xml
somthing like:
<listener><listener-class>actions.SessionListenerAction</listener-class></listener>

My problem is:

In my struts-config.xml file I have <data-source><set-property> defined for my
database.
what I am thinking is to call Insert query in
public void sessionCreated(HttpSessionEvent event) { }

and update query public void sessionDestroyed(HttpSessionEvent event) {} function

But my problem is how to get and pass the DataSource that refers to my DB defined in
<datasource> tag of struts-conf file to my DAO file.

WHAT I TRIED IS:
   String name = event.getName();
   HttpSession session = event.getSession();
   ServletContext sc = session.getServletContext();
   try{
   DataSource dataSource =(DataSource)sc.getAttribute(Action.DATA_SOURCE_KEY);
   UpdateSessionListenerDAO dao= new  UpdateSessionListenerDAO(dataSource);
   dao.insertSessionLogging(session.getId().toString());
   }catch(Exception e){
    System.out.println("ERROR " + e.getMessage());
   }

But this is not working I was not able to figure out the reason.

Pls help..

-- Raman