I see no reason why you can't create you tiles defs form data retrieved from you model, rather then defining in xml file.

If you're familar with tiles defs then reading the javadocs on tiles should show you the way, I've never done this. But my cousin told me some he works with does the same sort of thing.

Cheers Mark