Server-side validation is working fine, but I can't seem to get client-side working.

I know I must be doing something wrong, but I can't figure out what it is :-(

Here's a bit of the tile that uses validation:

<%@ taglib uri="/tags/struts-bean" prefix="bean" %>
<%@ taglib uri="/tags/struts-html" prefix="html" %>
<%@ taglib uri="/tags/struts-logic" prefix="logic" %>

    <TABLE border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" align="center">
     <logic:messagesPresent>
          <TR><TD><FONT color="red"><STRONG><bean:write
name="error"/></STRONG></FONT><TD><TR>
      </logic:messagesPresent>
    </TABLE>

Here's the piece of validation.xml:

    <formset>

      <form name="ActivityViewForm">
        <field
           property="starting"
           depends="date">
          <arg0 key="ActivityViewForm.starting.displayname"/>
        </field>
        <field
           property="ending"
           depends="date">
          <arg0 key="ActivityViewForm.ending.displayname"/>
        </field>
      </form>

    </formset>

Here's the Action entry from struts-config:

    <action
       path="/SelectActivity"
       name="ActivityViewForm"
       type="portfolio.SelectActivityAction"
       input=".activity.detail"/>

ActivityViewForm extends PortfolioForm which is declared thusly:

public class PortfolioForm extends ValidatorForm implements Serializable {

As I said, server-side validation is working fine, but the javascript on the
client-side isn't getting activated.

I hope someone can help me to resolve this quickly!

Thanks very much,

jim