Mate, if you wanted a sheltered workshop then you should have become a b***y
sugar farmer.

-----Original Message-----
From: Andy Engle [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, 17 February 2004 03:40
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: RE: Java / J2EE Developer

James Mitchell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Looks like the only way to compete is to improve yourself.  That
> works for me, what about you?

I can improve myself all I want to, but if/when our CEO says that
workers in India, China, or whatever other country work for pennies on
my salary's dollar, then there goes my job.  Our division leader has
already said as much, and with that in mind I suspect that I'll be
moving on within a few years.

But the self-improvement comment is somewhat irrelevent, although to
some degree I saw what you were getting at.  The issue at hand is
excessive corporate greed, and making the bottom line look as sweet to
shareholders as possible.  Even at the detrimental expense of the
livelihood of a large number of highly-skilled American workers who
have families, mortgages and lives to live.  With that in mind, I find
the act of outsourcing to be extremely disgusting.

'Nuff said.  Back to the Struts discussions.  And I apologize for
further contributing to the "off-topicness" of this thread.

Andy