On 16/02/2004 10:25 Turner Benjamin wrote:

Thomas,

> The simple answer is that you don't. Struts has nothing to do with data

> persistence. What I think you're really asking is how to implement
> persistence in a web application.

I do realise that. My question was indeed how to implement such a thing.

> Well, I suppose you could use the Struts Datasource plug-in if you feel

> that's the way to go but I think you'll find most people use JNDI and
the
> container-supplied connection pool.

I don't "feel" anything. I posted the question as to find out what the
standard approach is to achieving database persistence; I wouldn't post
the question if i had already decided which way i was going.

Hmm. Maybe I should capitalise subtle hints in the future ;)

Thanks to the people that suggested iBatis and Hibernate - both look very
interesting and will read up on them.

Both seem to have a good following on this list. Also read up on the relavent design patterns.

--
Paul Thomas