If you override the RequestProcessor, I believe you will need to add this to the
struts-confg.xml:

      <controller
processorClass="com.db.gci.ge.epg.struts.tiles.LocalRequestProcessor" locale="false"
nocache="true" inputForward="true" />

Change it to suit your needs.

Paul
Global Equity Derivatives Technology
Deutsche Bank [/]

                      Nadeem Bitar

                      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]        To:       Struts Users Mailing List
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

                      m>                       cc:

                                               Subject:  Re: Role based access?

                      18/02/2004 20:11

                      Please respond to

                      "Struts Users

                      Mailing List"

processRoles method is in RequestProcessor.
You would do something like this:

boolean processRoles(HttpServletRequest request, HttpServletResponse
response, ActionMapping mapping) throws Exception{
 if(roles == null || roles.length == 0)
             return true
  for(int i=0; i<roles.length; i++){
        //using your custom security scheme usually something like that
        if(request.isUserInRole(roles[i]))
                         return true;
  }
  return false;

}
On Thu, 2004-02-19 at 01:26 +0530, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Hi,
> Thanks for the info Nadeem.but processRoles method is in which Class.
> could you give me some samples.
> Thanks in advance
>

> Subramaniam Olaganthan
> Tata Consultancy Services
> Mailto: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Website: http://www.tcs.com
>

> Nadeem Bitar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
> 02/19/2004 12:59 AM
>          Please respond to
>     "Struts Users Mailing List"
>  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> Struts Users
> Mailing List
> <struts-
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> apache.org>
>                cc
>           Subject
> Re: Role based
> access?
>

> You have to use JAAS. If you are not using JAAS and still want to use
> the roles attribute in your action mapping you have to override the
> processRoles method .
>

> On Wed, 2004-02-18 at 20:49 +0530, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> > Hi Guys,
> >
> > Struts-config.xml
> >                 <action attribute="Form"   roles="userRole">
> >
> > How do i use this 'roles' attribute to implement role-based access.
> >
> > Thanks and Regards
> >
> > Subramaniam Olaganthan
> > Tata Consultancy Services
> > Mailto: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > Website: http://www.tcs.com

This e-mail may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the
intended recipient (or have received this e-mail in error) please notify the sender
immediately and destroy this e-mail. Any unauthorized copying, disclosure or