I might be missing something here, but why not get it inside the servlet
context initialized handler method?

    public void contextInitialized(ServletContextEvent event) {
        System.out.println("[contextInitialized] inside
contextInitialized()");
        System.out.println(" +-> context=" + event.getServletContext());
        ServletContext context = event.getServletContext();
        Enumeration enumeration = context.getInitParameterNames();
        while (enumeration.hasMoreElements()) {
            String name = (String) enumeration.nextElement();
            String value = context.getInitParameter(name);
            System.out.println("init param: [" + name + "=" + value + "]");
        }
    }

    public void contextDestroyed(ServletContextEvent event) {
        System.out.println("[contextDestroyed] inside contextDestroyed()");