Nested beans are your friend. Follow the monkey
http://www.keyboardmonkey.com/next/index.jsp

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Saturday, 21 February 2004 22:16
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: multiple records in one form

Hi List,

I would like to create a form, with which the user fills in a number of
say 10 records, in one and the same form. When clicking submit,
all of the 10 records (with each 4 fields) should be updated to the
database simulataneously.

I found an item in the archives about this, but the answer, a single
phrase  "use indexed properties" was too cryptic for me as a
newby to struts.

I know I have to use String array properties (String[])  in stead of
normal String properties, and use a <logic:iterate>tag, but I cannot
seem to get it to work. I am not sure how to set the exact
attributes of the logic:iterate tag, and how to point them to which
Collection, and I seem to have problems too with the id attribute of
logic:iterate: though I set it, the following <bean:write name=...
does not seem to connect to this id attribute - which it should if I
understand it well. I get an error that the bean with this name is
unknown.

Does somebody have a working example for me available, which I
could try out? I am real new to this, so I am afraid that short cryptic
answers won't do for me :-(  but working examples will help a lot
more... :-)

thanks, Rinke