Not having any roles effectively means from the container managed security point of view that you have only one role.

What problems did you have 'integrating' the container security? As far as your app is concerned, j_security_check is not something that is relevant. The whole login should be transparent to your app. As long as you map the security constraints correctly, the user will never see a protected page unless they login.

Adam