I don't use bean:write a lot, so I'm not sure if there's a solution for this.
 It doesn't look like anyone else either.  If there aren't any alternatives,
and it's as urgent as your reposts suggest, why not subclass the tag and make
a new one which does what you want?  That would be much faster than waiting
3-4 days in the mailing list for a response.