Thanks a lot mate, that did the trick!

----- Original Message -----
From: "Carl Walker" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, February 25, 2004 4:01 PM
Subject: Re: Simple ActionError question

> You ActionError constructor takes additional parameters.  Here's a sample
from some code that passes two parameters to a message I'm working
> on.  In my example, if the user tries to insert a group with the same name
as one in the DB, an error is thrown and html:errors is used to
> display the errors to the user
>
> In the resources.properties file there is the following entry
>
>     errors.unique={0} has already been used as a {1}
>
> There are two parameters I'm passing to the resource.  Since there are
many places in the code where I could get a unique constraint
> violation, I pass the field name along with the field name value to prompt
the user.

> The code follows...
>         try {
>             dao.insertSomething(groupName)
>         }
>         catch(SQLException exc) {
>
>             servlet.log("[InsertSomething] - WARNING: error inserting " +
>                         groupName + " msg: " + exc.getMessage());
>
>             if( exc.getErrorCode() == 1 ) {  // constraint violation
>
>                 ActionErrors errors = new ActionErrors();
>                 ActionError error = new ActionError( "errors.unique",
groupName, "Group Name" );
>                 errors.add( ActionErrors.GLOBAL_ERROR, error );
>                 _request.setAttribute( Globals.ERROR_KEY, errors );
>
>                 fwd = new ActionForward( _mapping.getInput() );
>             }
>         }
>

> Theodosios Paschalidis wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> > just a newbie question. I have a PlaceOrderAction and I want to display
as an ActionError the items that were out of stock.

> > I would like to be able to pass a String to my ActionError. Is there a
way to do this may using Format? Could somebody provide an example?