Whats the best way for implement this situation:

On the window I have 2 dropdown, the second depends of the first dropdown value, then
I'll back to the class action with the first dropdown value for populate the second.
After choice the value at second dropdown, I'll qualify for sending this informations
to data base.

How many action I need for to implement this ? I'll need one action for the first
dropdown (at onchange event submit the form???), other action for the second dropdown
and other for to send all informations to database ?

Some one have a example for help-me ??????

obrigado
Daniel S.