On 03/01/2004 02:37 PM Axel Gross wrote:
I see the need for extending the entries of a putList without overriding the
entries in the super definition.
Example:
 <definition name=".head.common" path="htmlHead.jsp">
        <putList name="httpEquiv">
                <item value="pragma" link="no-cache" />
                <item value="cache-control" link="no-cache" />
                <item value="expires" link="0" />
        </putList>
 </definition>

 <definition name=".head.project" extends=".head.common">
        <putList name="httpEquiv">
                <item value="expires" link="1" />
                <item value="description" link="tiles definition extension example" />
        </putList>
 </definition>
so usually this would replace the list in .head.common with the one in
.head.project
desired behaviour would be to just add the new entries ("description") and overwrite
those
which are already present ("expires").

Axel,
this is the behaviour that I use already. I don't know how you manage to replace the list. My definitions inherit the list and its contents. (I am not sure about replacement).

Adam
--
struts 1.1 + tomcat 5.0.16 + java 1.4.2
Linux 2.4.20 Debian